- Kent Police detain two men in connection with South 212th shooting deaths | Upda...
- Police seek masked man who robbed downtown bank
- Enumclaw trainer Chris Stenslie enters Dontmesswithkitten in Longacres Mile | E...
- First retail sales taxes on recreational marijuana due Aug. 25 | Washington Depa...
- Enumclaw’s Forza sisters making their mark
- City of Enumclaw seeks opinions for road funding
- World record set in Railroad Days 10K fun run—by an 8-year-old
- Chief for a day: Snoqualmie Police honor boy, 6, battling illness
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
20 apply for vacant Federal Way Council seat
The city of Federal Way released the names of the 20 eligible applicants for the Council seat that Mayor Jim Ferrell vacated.
The Council is set to interview the following 20 applicants on March 1:
• Jessica Carter
• Jack Reed Hackett
• Paul Kirehu
• Michael Hall
• Robin Cook
• Jerald Vaughn, who was outspoken against the strong mayor form of government before the city implemented that form
• Roger Flygare, who ran for a Council seat in 2011 against current Councilmember Susan Honda
• Anthony Murietta, who ran for a Council seat in 2013 against current Councilmember Kelly Maloney
• Gregory Baruso
• Mark Koppang, who ran for current Councilmember Kelly Maloney’s seat in this last election
• Ronald Nowicki, a commissioner for the Lakehaven Utility District
• Randall Smith
• Tom Medhurst, who is currently on the city’s Planning Commission
• Troy Smith
• Keith Tyler, who ran for a Council seat in 2011 against current Councilmember Dini Duclos.
• Gary Darcey
• John Fairbanks, who also ran for Council in 2013 against incumbent Jeanne Burbidge, the city’s current deputy mayor
• Lorie Weldon
• Lydia Assefa-Dawson, a social worker for the King County Housing Authority
• Don Smith