- Woman assaulted on Redmond Way, police working to identify suspect
- Maple Valley man killed in early morning collision with Metro bus on SR 169
- Impounded vehicle may be connected to double-homicide in Bremerton
- Federal Way school board to select new superintendent tonight
- Federal Way Councilman Moore drops out of 30th District race, endorses Hickel
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Fire heavily damages West Hill home in Kent
Fire heavily damaged a two-story home Wednesday on Kent's West Hill.
Firefighters responded at about 12:30 p.m. to a fire in the 3700 block of South 270th Street, according to a Kent Fire Department media release.
Fire units could see a column of smoke as they approached the residence. The residents were already safe and outside of the house when crews arrived. Another resident was not home at the time of the fire. The family cat was also out of the house and safe. Nobody was injured.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Personnel from Kent Fire Department Regional Fire Authority, South King Fire Rescue and King County Medic One responded to the fire.