- Be safe: National Night Out coming to Snoqualmie Police station
- Former Skyline cheerleader found dead in Louisville, police investigating overdo...
- Gunfire exchanged outside downtown Safeway Monday
- Biotech company to layoff workers, shut down facility in Bothell
- Auburn traffic advisory: M Street SE at Auburn Way South
- IRS scam prevented by officer | Enumclaw Police
- About Us
Connect with Us
Man who reportedly sexually assaulted woman on Kent's West Hill remains at large
Kent Police are investigating a sexual assault against a woman that occurred early Monday morning on the West Hill. As of Tuesday, the man wanted in the case remains at large.
Officers responded to a call about a woman who reportedly was accosted as she walked alone in the 23800 block of 30th Avenue South at about 3:30 a.m. The woman reported that a man approached her, brandished a weapon and then forced her to a secluded spot where she was assaulted.
Police are looking for a black man, age 20 to 30. He is about 5 feet 2 inches tall and described as having a slender build. The woman indicated that he was wearing a camouflage hooded sweatshirt and a long pair of light colored shorts. Initial information indicates that the man’s face was partially covered. Police investigators are working with the woman to develop a composite drawing of the man.
“We want to ensure that the public is aware of this occurrence and are asking the public to remain vigilant for this man," said detective Melanie Frazier. "In addition, Kent Patrol units will be actively conducting extra patrols in this area."
Frazier offered steps that pedestrians can use to help ensure their safety.
• Be alert to your surroundings and avoid darkened areas. Avoid walking close to bushes, darkened doorways and other places of concealment.
• Walk on the side of the street that has the best lighting and don't walk alone.
• If you are followed, get away quickly and move to crowded areas. If in danger, run, scream, or create a disturbance to attract attention.
• Carry keys in a clenched hand and use them to poke or punch if necessary.
Kent Police want to speak to anyone who may have information about this case. Detectives are also interested in speaking with any person that may have had recent contact with a similarly described man in the West Hill area. Persons with information should call the Kent Police tip line at 253-856-5808. All calls will be treated confidentially and callers may stay anonymous.