- Tukwila teenager suffers life-threatening knife wound in fight at Cascade View...
- Attorney fees and costs awarded to YarrowBay and Black Diamond by Court of Appea...
- Google donates more than $200,000 to provide wireless networks at two Kirkland...
- Covington House fire displaces family of four | Kent Regional Fire Authority
- Here comes the rain: Mount Si volleyball is undefeated | Photo Gallery
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Kitchen fire in Covington - no injuries | Kent Fire Department
Unattended cooking caused a kitchen fire in the 24700 block of 184 Pl SE. at 3:36 this afternoon.
The fire was confined to the kitchen by firefighters, though smoke damage was evident throughout the two story house. The home did have working smoke alarms.
No one was injured in the fire, which did approximately $5,000 in damage.
Firefighters from both the Kent Fire Department Regional Fire Authority and the Maple Valley Fire Department responded to the incident.
Kitchen fires are the most common type of fires seen in residences. Even small fires can cause thousands of dollars in damage and can lead to burns or other injuries.
Keep an eye on what you fry. Always stay in the kitchen when cooking, keep pan lids handy to snuff out fires, and never heat oil on high heat.