- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Four Juanita High School students arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting ano...
- National Weather Services releases wind advisory for Enumclaw
- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Kitchen fire in Covington - no injuries | Kent Fire Department
Unattended cooking caused a kitchen fire in the 24700 block of 184 Pl SE. at 3:36 this afternoon.
The fire was confined to the kitchen by firefighters, though smoke damage was evident throughout the two story house. The home did have working smoke alarms.
No one was injured in the fire, which did approximately $5,000 in damage.
Firefighters from both the Kent Fire Department Regional Fire Authority and the Maple Valley Fire Department responded to the incident.
Kitchen fires are the most common type of fires seen in residences. Even small fires can cause thousands of dollars in damage and can lead to burns or other injuries.
Keep an eye on what you fry. Always stay in the kitchen when cooking, keep pan lids handy to snuff out fires, and never heat oil on high heat.