- Detectives find what appears to be human remains along Frager Road in Kent
- Port Orchard man arrested in Belfair homicide
- Two arrested for burglary
- Inslee comes to Kent's Oberto headquarters to pump up transportation package
- Kirkland high school lacrosse teams to face off in state finals Sunday
- One arrested in early Thursday shooting at apartment complex
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Mayor Backus elected to Sound City Association Board of Directors
For the Reporter
Auburn Mayor Nancy Backus has been elected to the 2014 Board of Directors of the Sound City Association (SCA), which represents 36 cities in King County and provides a regional voice for nearly one million people.
Backus is one of six new board members of SCA, which is governed by a 13-member board.
SCA provides a voice for King County cities through leadership in areas such as economic and community development, transportation, land use, health, government operations, the environment, education, public safety, social welfare and other public policy issues.
SCA provides its member cities a regional voice, an opportunity to connect and network and offers tools to learn what other cities are doing.
SCA, which was formerly known as the Suburban Cities Association, was established more than 40 years ago to help King County cities act locally and partner regionally to create vital and thriving communities through advocacy, education, leadership, mutual support and networking.
For more information, visit www.SoundCities.org.