- Black Diamond City Council plans to appoint mayor at Monday special meeting
- With temperature set to drop, city will open Cold Weather Shelter this weekend
- Search called off after police determine no child was involved in Cedar River in...
- North Bend Council takes no property tax hike for 2015
- Chevron employee removed from under SUV | Taken to Harborview in serious conditi...
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Tahoma's Coleman Wooten and Kentwood's Sarah Toeaina McDonald's American Games basketball nominees
The list of nominees were announced Tuesday. Wooten and Toeaina, both seniors, are considered among the best basketball players in 44 states and the district of Columbia vying for a spot on the rosters for the games — ultimately 24 girls and 24 boys will be chosen. The final rosters will be announced the afternoon of Jan. 29 on ESPUN.
Players were nominated by high school coaches, athletic directors, principals and members of the McDonald's All American Game Selection Committee. More than 40 players from Washington state were nominated.
“This year’s list of McDonald’s All American Games Nominees represents the finest prep talent across the country, and we are thrilled to present nearly 1,000 players with this once in a lifetime honor.” said Morgan Wootten, McDonald’s All American Games Selection Committee Chairman in a press release. “Today we celebrate this list of nominees, from which the final teams of 24 girls and 24 boys will emerge.”