- Be safe: National Night Out coming to Snoqualmie Police station
- Former Skyline cheerleader found dead in Louisville, police investigating overdo...
- Gunfire exchanged outside downtown Safeway Monday
- Biotech company to layoff workers, shut down facility in Bothell
- Auburn traffic advisory: M Street SE at Auburn Way South
- IRS scam prevented by officer | Enumclaw Police
- About Us
Connect with Us
Federal Way man ejected from car dies during rollover collision
A Federal Way man who was ejected from his car after it flipped several times died at the scene on Tuesday.
The man was identified as Sergey Romashevskiy, 26, according to the King County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Federal Way police responded to the rollover collision at approximately noon in the 2500 block of SW 344 St. in Federal Way. Just before the crash, a Tacoma Police Department dispatcher reported the man was recklessly driving his vehicle near the Tacoma and Federal Way boundary, according to Federal Way Police Department spokesperson Cathy Schrock.
Witnesses at the scene reported the vehicle was driving at a high rate of speed and struck a parked car while attempting to pass illegally. The car flipped several times, ejecting the man from the vehicle, Schrock noted.
It is unknown why the man was driving recklessly or whether alcohol or drugs were involved. Federal Way police are investigating the accident.