- Update | Black Diamond Mayor Dave Gordon resigns | Gordon statement
- East Pierce Fire and Rescue working on potential flood areas
- Flooding causes employees, visitors evacuation Mount Rainier Park, Nisqually en...
- National Weather Service releases flood warning for King and Pierce counties
- Chinook and Cayuse passes closed for the winter | WSDOT
- REACH center to get $5,000 from county budget
- DUI emphasis begins Nov. 26 | Washington Traffic Safety Commission
- Snoqualmie River hitting flood stage today, Floodzilla warns
- Former Puyallup superintendent Apostle to serve as Kent schools interim leader
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Shooting in Sumner-Orting valley
East Pierce Fire and Rescue responded to the report of a shooting at 7:49 a.m. this morning, Jan. 5.
The incident occurred in the Sumner-Orting valley at the 14000 block of 96th Street East. The residence is located off of state Route 162 between Sumner and Orting, according to Battalion Chief Rick Goetz.
The victim was shot at least once and suffered other injuries as well. He was transported to an area trauma center, Goetz said.
Pierce County Sheriff’s deputies are investigating. This story will be updated as more information becomes available.