- Woman assaulted on Redmond Way, police working to identify suspect
- Federal Way school board to select new superintendent tonight
- Maple Valley man killed in early morning collision with Metro bus on SR 169
- Impounded vehicle may be connected to double-homicide in Bremerton
- Federal Way Councilman Moore drops out of 30th District race, endorses Hickel
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
County certifies Aug. 6 election
King County Elections certified the results of 2013 primary election today. Voters returned 347,020 ballots for a final turnout of 29 percent.
Final results are available on the department’s website.
There were no Renton specific races this primary season, but in the race for King County Executive, incumbent Dow Constantine received 76.5 percent of the vote and Alan E. Lobdell collected 11.95 percent to move on to the general election.
In the race for County Council District 9, incumbent Reagan Dunn picked up 55.62 percent and challenger Shari Song took 35. 2 percent to move ahead to November.
Finally, the King County Parks Levy also passed, with 70. 2 percent of voters voting for it.
Citizens can register to vote or update their registration by Oct. 7 to vote in the Nov. 5 general election.
Primary election by the numbers:
Ballots issued: 1,195,974
Registered voters: 1,187,888
Ballots returned: 347,020
Ballots counted: 340,236
Voters using Accessible Voting Units: 106
Ballots accessed online: 1,916
Ballots returned at drop boxes: 51,241
Ballots with signature challenges: 7,737
Ballots with remaining signature challenges: 2,486
Returned too late: 4,163
Returned as undeliverable: 17,911