- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Four Juanita High School students arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting ano...
- National Weather Services releases wind advisory for Enumclaw
- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- Burglary at a Pioneer Street residence | Enumclaw Police
- I-5 in Seattle to close near Boeing Field overnight Friday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Bayview hit and run sends driver to hospital
A high-speed impact sent a Subaru Baja and its driver through the Bayview Road/Highway 525 intersection from a dead stop Tuesday morning.
The scene snarled traffic in each direction for about 30 minutes around 11:30 a.m.
One witness stuck around to describe the crash to Island County Deputy Darren Crownover and the Washington State Patrol. Joel Shrut was crossing the highway on his bike west on Bayview Road when the crash happened behind him.
The Subaru was stopped at the light when he said a truck smashed into the car, sending the Baja screeching through the intersection until it stopped just north of the intersection near a Scotch broom patch on the side of the highway.
South Whidbey Fire/EMS and Whidbey General Hospital first responders stabilized the victim driver on a stretcher, who was then taken to Whidbey General Hospital about 20 minutes after the impact. The force of the crash smashed in the tailgate of the dark blue Baja, a car/truck crossover vehicle. Its bumper dangled by only its passenger-side brackets, what few clung to the frame.
The truck was stopped shortly after the crash and was impounded in Clinton.