- Cougar sighted near Maywood Middle School
- Kent Regional Fire Authority investigating Covington house fire
- Young woman dies in hospital after accident with bus on Vashon Highway
- Employee stabs co-worker at north Kent business
- Kent City Council dumps proposal to pay for railroad-grade separations
- Microsoft eliminates 2,100 jobs today, including 747 in Washington state
- Kent Police confiscate $1.5 million worth of marijuana at vacant West Hill home
- Man pointing gun at women | Buckley Police
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Kent warehouse fire under investigation
A Kent Fire investigator is looking into the cause of a warehouse fire in the 20200 block of 80 Ave. S.
Firefighters from Kent and Renton responded to the large concrete warehouse at 3:21 p.m. Sunday after a driver for the company found gray smoke corning from the building. After making entry into the two-story structure, firefighters found a fire in a first-floor office, which was quickly extinguished.
Removal of the smoke is taking time due to the size of the building. Firefighters are using large fans to pressurize the building and force the smoke out.
Owners of the seafood product company are on scene and are working with the Kent Fire Department to determine the cause of the fire.