- Reported 'dead body' found to be misidentified tree trunks
- Kent Police drug bust seizes $400,000 cash; drugs worth $648,000
- Mayor proclaims state of city to be 'strong'
- Assefa-Dawson running to retain Federal Way Council seat
- Murrietta announces bid for Federal Way Council
- Haggen begins conversion of Redmond Albertsons this Sunday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
WSDOT to close some I-405 lanes in Kirkland and Bothell on Saturday night
Construction crews will begin removing trees next week in the I-405 median just north of the Northeast 128th Street exit. The tree removal is needed to build an additional lane in each direction of I-405 for a dual express toll lane system between Bellevue to Bothell.
Crews will recycle the trees within the project area and will replant new trees and shrubs where possible before the project is complete.
Drivers should watch for night-time I-405 lane closures in Kirkland and Bothell, starting at 9 p.m. on Saturday, as part of the Bellevue to Lynnwood Express Toll Lanes Project.
Crews will close up to three lanes of northbound I-405 between Northeast 85th Street and Northeast 160th Street, as well as the on-ramps to northbound I-405 at Northeast 128th Street and Northeast 160th Street, and the northbound I-405 off ramps to Northeast 160th Street and SR 522.
All ramps and lanes will reopen by 9 a.m. Sunday.
The work is needed to make room for a new temporary on-ramp at Northeast 160th.