- Driver in critical condition after collision with bus on Vashon Highway
- Human remains found at Moran shrouded in mystery
- Do the Iron Horse! Photos from North Bend's Adventure Sport Fest
- Enumclaw Police Department drug take-back on Sept. 27
- Tahoma High School land sale gets ‘do pass’ from King County Council committee
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
WSDOT to close some I-405 lanes in Kirkland and Bothell on Saturday night
Construction crews will begin removing trees next week in the I-405 median just north of the Northeast 128th Street exit. The tree removal is needed to build an additional lane in each direction of I-405 for a dual express toll lane system between Bellevue to Bothell.
Crews will recycle the trees within the project area and will replant new trees and shrubs where possible before the project is complete.
Drivers should watch for night-time I-405 lane closures in Kirkland and Bothell, starting at 9 p.m. on Saturday, as part of the Bellevue to Lynnwood Express Toll Lanes Project.
Crews will close up to three lanes of northbound I-405 between Northeast 85th Street and Northeast 160th Street, as well as the on-ramps to northbound I-405 at Northeast 128th Street and Northeast 160th Street, and the northbound I-405 off ramps to Northeast 160th Street and SR 522.
All ramps and lanes will reopen by 9 a.m. Sunday.
The work is needed to make room for a new temporary on-ramp at Northeast 160th.