- Woman assaulted on Redmond Way, police working to identify suspect
- Federal Way school board to select new superintendent tonight
- Maple Valley man killed in early morning collision with Metro bus on SR 169
- Impounded vehicle may be connected to double-homicide in Bremerton
- Federal Way Councilman Moore drops out of 30th District race, endorses Hickel
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Kirkland firefighters put out Houghton house fire
One Kirkland resident was able to escape a kitchen fire Monday night before Kirkland firefighters arrived at the Houghton home.
The person was not injured but the kitchen did sustain extensive damage, according to Kirkland Fire Department battalion chief Mike Jeffrey.
The townhouse, located at the 11000 block of Northeast 41st Drive, went up in flames at about 8:10 p.m. Kirkland’s engine 22 contained the fire to the kitchen and safely put it out.
Jeffrey said a Bellevue and Redmond fire unit assisted in resolving the incident. A total of four Kirkland fire units responded to the incident.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.