- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Four Juanita High School students arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting ano...
- National Weather Services releases wind advisory for Enumclaw
- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- Burglary at a Pioneer Street residence | Enumclaw Police
- I-5 in Seattle to close near Boeing Field overnight Friday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Kirkland firefighters put out Houghton house fire
One Kirkland resident was able to escape a kitchen fire Monday night before Kirkland firefighters arrived at the Houghton home.
The person was not injured but the kitchen did sustain extensive damage, according to Kirkland Fire Department battalion chief Mike Jeffrey.
The townhouse, located at the 11000 block of Northeast 41st Drive, went up in flames at about 8:10 p.m. Kirkland’s engine 22 contained the fire to the kitchen and safely put it out.
Jeffrey said a Bellevue and Redmond fire unit assisted in resolving the incident. A total of four Kirkland fire units responded to the incident.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.