- White River girls win close game at state | Girls State Basketball Tournament
- White River boys lose to Mark Morris | Boys State Basketball Tournament
- She's after him with a hatchet; Bear scare is actually raccoon | Snoqualmie Vall...
- Inglemoor to play for fourth in state tomorrow morning | Prep girls basketball
- 2014 Northwest Region Sport Stacking Championships at Auburn High School Saturda...
- City gets new tools to deal with nusiance properties
- PSE's plan to 'Energize Eastside' looking at two posible routes through Renton
- About Us
Connect with Us
Northbound I-5 lane closures in Kent begin Monday night
Contractor crews begin construction work on northbound Interstate 5 in Kent between South 308th and South 260th streets. Crews will close lanes to shave up to three-quarters of an inch off all lanes of I-5.
The work will smooth the wheel ruts and small cracks in the pavement and help the road last until the entire 50-year old interstate can be replaced. At this time, there is no funding for replacement.
Lane closure details
• Crews will close three of five lanes between South 308th and South 260th streets from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, Feb. 4 through Thursday, Feb. 7.
• Drivers can expect to see similar closures, Monday through Thursday nights through April between South Military Road and South 260th Street.
The work will take be noisy. Neighbors should plan ahead to avoid noise that may keep them awake. Neighbors should keep windows closed and may call the WSDOT project hotline at 206-440-4DOT to request free earplugs.
I-5 Kent concrete web page: www.wsdot.wa.gov
I-5 concrete rebuilding web page: www.wsdot.wa.gov.