- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Four Juanita High School students arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting ano...
- National Weather Services releases wind advisory for Enumclaw
- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- Burglary at a Pioneer Street residence | Enumclaw Police
- I-5 in Seattle to close near Boeing Field overnight Friday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Northbound I-5 lane closures in Kent begin Monday night
Contractor crews begin construction work on northbound Interstate 5 in Kent between South 308th and South 260th streets. Crews will close lanes to shave up to three-quarters of an inch off all lanes of I-5.
The work will smooth the wheel ruts and small cracks in the pavement and help the road last until the entire 50-year old interstate can be replaced. At this time, there is no funding for replacement.
Lane closure details
• Crews will close three of five lanes between South 308th and South 260th streets from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, Feb. 4 through Thursday, Feb. 7.
• Drivers can expect to see similar closures, Monday through Thursday nights through April between South Military Road and South 260th Street.
The work will take be noisy. Neighbors should plan ahead to avoid noise that may keep them awake. Neighbors should keep windows closed and may call the WSDOT project hotline at 206-440-4DOT to request free earplugs.
I-5 Kent concrete web page: www.wsdot.wa.gov
I-5 concrete rebuilding web page: www.wsdot.wa.gov.