- Heavy rain and flood watch for Saturday through Sunday in King and Pierce counti...
- Attorney General’s Office investigation leads to $90 million “cramming” payout f...
- Woman and young boy hit by car while walking in condo parking lot
- Police raid known drug house in Finn Hill neighborhood of Kirkland
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Collision on SR 18 closes all eastbound lanes at Auburn Way South
A major accident has shut down eastbound State Route 18 at Auburn Way South (SR 164). Area drivers should take alternate routes, as there is no word yet when the road will reopen.
The WSDOT reports traffic is being diverted off eastbound SR 18 onto Auburn Way. Several detours are recommended around the collision site:
• Take SR 167 if possible.
• With SR 18 closed at Auburn Way, take Auburn Way north, go east on Main, then south on R Street to Black Diamond Road to get to SR 18.
• If coming out of Bellevue toward Auburn, you might try SR 169/Maple Valley Highway as eastbound 18 is blocked after a serious collision.
WSDOT's last site update at 1:23 p.m. indicated backups were one-mile long.
Click here to view traffic cameras in the area.