- Bellevue officer charged with DUI
- Armed robber hits Bayview gas station
- Kent to open severe weather shelter Dec. 5-7
- Early morning duplex fire displaces two in Auburn
- Former Kirkland, Bellevue nurse pleads not guilty to drug tampering, fraud charg...
- VRFA firefighters collect toys for needy families in Algona, Auburn, Pacific
- KCHA acquires Northwood square in Auburn
- About Us
Connect with Us
Rimkus to take Redmond High football head coaching reins
Former Interlake High School head football coach Jason Rimkus will take over the Redmond High School (RHS) spot next season, according to Mustang athletic director John Appelgate.
Jeff Chandler tendered his resignation as the head football coach at Redmond in December.
Chandler — who had a 7-21 record in three years coaching the Mustangs — is leaving the position to pursue a career in school administration.
Rimkus comes to Redmond after serving with Interlake for the past three seasons.
"We are excited to be bringing in a coach with head coaching experience within the Kingco Conference (2A/3A)," Appelgate said. "Coach Rimkus has done an outstanding job at Interlake and we look forward to his knowledge, energy and enthusiasm in continuing the upward path of the RHS football program (4A Kingco)."
Rimkus, who compiled a 12-23 record with Interlake, was an all-4A Kingco defensive back at Bothell High and played at Pacific Lutheran University (PLU). He was part of the coaching staffs at Bothell, PLU and Western Washington University.