- Pierce County Prosecutor charges man with assault of a child for Carbonado incid...
- Federal Way police arrest suspect in teen’s drive-by shooting death
- Take our Valentine's Day survey!
- State Patrol seeking information in highway robbery Jan. 24
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake strikes near Redmond
- Police release sketch of home invasion suspect
- Washington State Patrol seeks information on SR 18 robbery and assault
- Threats made at city establishment | Buckley Police
- Man sentenced to nearly 70 years for murder at former Federal Way bar parking lo...
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Rimkus to take Redmond High football head coaching reins
Former Interlake High School head football coach Jason Rimkus will take over the Redmond High School (RHS) spot next season, according to Mustang athletic director John Appelgate.
Jeff Chandler tendered his resignation as the head football coach at Redmond in December.
Chandler — who had a 7-21 record in three years coaching the Mustangs — is leaving the position to pursue a career in school administration.
Rimkus comes to Redmond after serving with Interlake for the past three seasons.
"We are excited to be bringing in a coach with head coaching experience within the Kingco Conference (2A/3A)," Appelgate said. "Coach Rimkus has done an outstanding job at Interlake and we look forward to his knowledge, energy and enthusiasm in continuing the upward path of the RHS football program (4A Kingco)."
Rimkus, who compiled a 12-23 record with Interlake, was an all-4A Kingco defensive back at Bothell High and played at Pacific Lutheran University (PLU). He was part of the coaching staffs at Bothell, PLU and Western Washington University.