- Kent-Meridian High student dies from injuries suffered falling off car's hood
- Kangs open new softball field on Lake Washington High School campus
- Burglars hit St. Vincent de Paul store
- Tammy Campbell selected as superintendent of Federal Way Public Schools | Update
- Federal Way bomb squad determines package found outside school nonexplosive | U...
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Rimkus to take Redmond High football head coaching reins
Former Interlake High School head football coach Jason Rimkus will take over the Redmond High School (RHS) spot next season, according to Mustang athletic director John Appelgate.
Jeff Chandler tendered his resignation as the head football coach at Redmond in December.
Chandler — who had a 7-21 record in three years coaching the Mustangs — is leaving the position to pursue a career in school administration.
Rimkus comes to Redmond after serving with Interlake for the past three seasons.
"We are excited to be bringing in a coach with head coaching experience within the Kingco Conference (2A/3A)," Appelgate said. "Coach Rimkus has done an outstanding job at Interlake and we look forward to his knowledge, energy and enthusiasm in continuing the upward path of the RHS football program (4A Kingco)."
Rimkus, who compiled a 12-23 record with Interlake, was an all-4A Kingco defensive back at Bothell High and played at Pacific Lutheran University (PLU). He was part of the coaching staffs at Bothell, PLU and Western Washington University.