- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Man shot by accident | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Walk by a river, get randomly shot: At 4:29 p.m. Jan. 11 in the 34000 block of 9th Avenue South, the victim reported that he had been walking along a riverbank when he heard gunshots in the distance. According to the report, the victim paid the gunshots no mind, until he discovered he had been accidentally shot in the right arm. The victim was taken to St. Francis Hospital, where he was treated for non-life threatening injuries. The report did not identify the river's name.
• Drugs and a stolen truck: About 3 p.m. Jan. 12, a witness called police to report an occupied stolen vehicle that was parked at a gas station in the 1700 block of Enchanted Parkway South. Officers arrived on the scene and arrested two suspects. One suspect had a DOC warrant. The truck was allegedly stolen from a residential burglary in Tacoma. At the scene, police found methamphetamine, hashish, a handgun, bullets and several pieces of jewelry, according to the report.
• Honest drug addicts: At 12:59 a.m. Jan. 12 in the 30000 block of 9th Place South, police responded to calls of a man and a woman arguing. According to the report, both are self-admitted crack users, and their argument stemmed from an argument over money for crack.
• Younger brother whacks older brother: At 3:02 a.m. Jan. 12 in the 1200 block of South 356th Street, two brothers were in a fight. According to the report, the young brother struck the older brother on the head with a flashlight. The younger brother was arrested for assault.
• Give it a good heave-ho: At 5:16 a.m. Jan. 11 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, unknown suspects pulled the front door off of a business, and stole a number of personal electronic devices from the store.
• Get caught, jump out a window: At 9:40 a.m. Jan. 11 in the 31000 block of 28th Avenue South, an unknown suspect was interrupted during a home burglary. According to the victim, once the suspect became aware they were home, the suspect ran to a bedroom and jumped out the window. Police were unable to locate the suspect, according to the report.
• Copper pipe theft: At 10:15 a.m. Jan. 10 in the 1000 block of South 320th Street, unknown suspects gained entry into a building and stole $5,000 worth of copper piping from inside the building. One of the pipes they stole was part of the building's water system, and the building received a significant amount of water damage.
• Car gets stolen and returned to owner: At 1 p.m. Jan. 11 in the 32000 block of Military Road South, police found a stolen vehicle and contacted the registered owner to come pick it up. According to the report, it didn't appear that anything had been done to the car, nor had anything been stolen from the car's interior.
• Doing identity theft wrong: At 3:28 p.m. Jan. 11 in the 32000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man attempted to use his father's Social Security number and a fake name to open a bank account. According to the report, the man intended to use the fake bank account to defraud the Veterans Administration. The suspect was arrested.
• Burglar goes 1-for-2 in stealing pills: At 2:32 p.m. Jan. 6 in the 31000 block of 21st Avenue SW, the victim reported that an unknown suspect had entered their home and stolen a bottle of oxycodone, along with a bottle of vitamins.
• Gamer geek burglar: At 9:37 p.m. Jan. 11 in the 1300 block of SW Campus Drive, the victim reported coming home and finding their residence had been burglarized. According to the report, the victim's front door was open, and the unknown suspects stole an XBox 360, PlayStation 3, a guitar, and an Apple MacBook computer.