- Cougar sighted near Maywood Middle School
- Kent Regional Fire Authority investigating Covington house fire
- Young woman dies in hospital after accident with bus on Vashon Highway
- Employee stabs co-worker at north Kent business
- Kent City Council dumps proposal to pay for railroad-grade separations
- Microsoft eliminates 2,100 jobs today, including 747 in Washington state
- Kent Police confiscate $1.5 million worth of marijuana at vacant West Hill home
- Man pointing gun at women | Buckley Police
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Small fire doused quickly at Mercer Island School District bus block house
Mercer Island and Bellevue Fire Departments quickly responded and put out what appeared to be a small electrical fire at the Mercer Island School District's bus block house.
The small building, which sits just behind the school district's administration building, where the district's buses are parked, caught fire just before 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 9.
Todd Kelsay, the MISD director of transportation, said they weren't exactly sure what caused the fire, but that it appeared to be electrical. He said the building is where the district houses equipment related to the buses.
He said school buses leaving for the early dismissal run would be on time.
No one was hurt in the incident.