- Cougar sighted near Maywood Middle School
- Kent Regional Fire Authority investigating Covington house fire
- Young woman dies in hospital after accident with bus on Vashon Highway
- Employee stabs co-worker at north Kent business
- Kent City Council dumps proposal to pay for railroad-grade separations
- Microsoft eliminates 2,100 jobs today, including 747 in Washington state
- Kent Police confiscate $1.5 million worth of marijuana at vacant West Hill home
- Man pointing gun at women | Buckley Police
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Actor Patrick Dempsey tours local Tully's Coffee stores
Patrick Dempsey, who plays Dr. Derek Shepherd, aka Dr. McDreamy, on the hit television show Grey's Anatomy, was the winning bidder for the ailing Tully's coffee chain, paying $9.15 million for the chain in Thursday's 13-hour auction.
Friday he toured the Tully's stores in the Seattle/Bellevue area, appearing at the Mercer Island location at about 12:30 p.m.
Dempsey said he bought the chain because of brand loyalty.
"It would be a tragedy to let it shut down," he said. "There's so much loyalty between employees, and this will preserve some jobs."
Outside, a woman was overheard thanking him for saving jobs.
Dempsey said he plans to visit Seattle at least twice a month to check on his investment. He said he loves Seattle – where Grey's Anatomy is set. Dempsey lives in California.
A crowd quickly gathers outside the Tully's at Lincoln Square on Friday, Jan. 4 as actor Patrick Dempsey (center, rear) visits the coffee shop.
Actor Patrick Dempsey greets customers at the Tully's at Lincoln Square on Friday, Jan. 4.
Kemper Freeman, left, presents a Lincoln Square jacket to actor Patrick Dempsey on Friday, Jan. 4. Dempsey was visiting the Tully's coffee shop at Lincoln Square.