- Fire chief’s complaint prompts board to reprimand commissioner following investi...
- Healthy interest in Snoqualmie's new hospital: Board interviews seven would-be c...
- Sea-Tac man sentenced to a year in prison for operating 'crime-infested' Tukwila...
- Hwang named new Federal Way police chief
- King County closes Flood Warning Center as rivers drop following heavy rain
- About Us
Connect with Us
Actor Patrick Dempsey tours local Tully's Coffee stores
Patrick Dempsey, who plays Dr. Derek Shepherd, aka Dr. McDreamy, on the hit television show Grey's Anatomy, was the winning bidder for the ailing Tully's coffee chain, paying $9.15 million for the chain in Thursday's 13-hour auction.
Friday he toured the Tully's stores in the Seattle/Bellevue area, appearing at the Mercer Island location at about 12:30 p.m.
Dempsey said he bought the chain because of brand loyalty.
"It would be a tragedy to let it shut down," he said. "There's so much loyalty between employees, and this will preserve some jobs."
Outside, a woman was overheard thanking him for saving jobs.
Dempsey said he plans to visit Seattle at least twice a month to check on his investment. He said he loves Seattle – where Grey's Anatomy is set. Dempsey lives in California.
A crowd quickly gathers outside the Tully's at Lincoln Square on Friday, Jan. 4 as actor Patrick Dempsey (center, rear) visits the coffee shop.
Actor Patrick Dempsey greets customers at the Tully's at Lincoln Square on Friday, Jan. 4.
Kemper Freeman, left, presents a Lincoln Square jacket to actor Patrick Dempsey on Friday, Jan. 4. Dempsey was visiting the Tully's coffee shop at Lincoln Square.