- Be safe: National Night Out coming to Snoqualmie Police station
- Former Skyline cheerleader found dead in Louisville, police investigating overdo...
- Gunfire exchanged outside downtown Safeway Monday
- Biotech company to layoff workers, shut down facility in Bothell
- Auburn traffic advisory: M Street SE at Auburn Way South
- IRS scam prevented by officer | Enumclaw Police
- About Us
Connect with Us
CIAW declines to extend Pacific's insurance coverage
The Cities Insurance Association of Washington (CIAW) has declined a request to extend the troubled City of Pacific's insurance coverage past Dec. 31, according to Pacific City Councilman Joshua Putnam's Facebook page.
The CIAW Board met today to consider extending the City's coverage.
"No member of the CIAW Board even made a motion to consider extending coverage," Putnam wrote. "They've asked to be notified of any change in chief executive leadership, but otherwise, their decision stands. Our insurance expires Dec. 31."
Controversial Mayor Cy Sun is the chief executive of Pacific.
"On to Plan B, high-risk (and higher-cost) insurance, if available through a broker," Putnam added.