- Fire chief’s complaint prompts board to reprimand commissioner following investi...
- Healthy interest in Snoqualmie's new hospital: Board interviews seven would-be c...
- Sea-Tac man sentenced to a year in prison for operating 'crime-infested' Tukwila...
- Hwang named new Federal Way police chief
- King County closes Flood Warning Center as rivers drop following heavy rain
- About Us
Connect with Us
2007 Dolly and Andy Holland Lopez Spirit Award nominations
Nominations for the 2007 Dolly and Andy Holland Lopez Spirit Award are now open. The Award, which is presented to the individual or couple whose community involvement makes them the islands unsung heroes, will be announced during October 2007 and celebrated with an island-wide potluck in early November at the Community Center.
The Lopez Spirit award is named for Dolly and Andy Holland, long-time Lopez Island residents whose involvement and commitment to the island community lives on through the individuals and organizations they touched.
To nominate someone for the Spirit Award, describe the ways they have embodied the Lopez Spirit: friendly, caring, reliable, helpful, unselfish, loving, generous, and tolerant. The nominees may be well-known or not, but they must belong to the Lopez community and have, in some way, worked to improve the lives of the people on Lopez Island.
Forms outlining the criteria for nomination are available at the Lopez Library, Lopez Village Market and Lopez Center. Send your completed nomination form with all the required information to Lopez Spirit Award Committee, Lopez Center for Community and the Arts, PO Box 291, no later than October 15.
Previous years candidates may be nominated again, along with new nominees. Past recipients may not be nominated again.
For more information about the Lopez Spirit Awards, please contact Jan Sundquist at 468-3161.