- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Four Juanita High School students arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting ano...
- National Weather Services releases wind advisory for Enumclaw
- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- Burglary at a Pioneer Street residence | Enumclaw Police
- I-5 in Seattle to close near Boeing Field overnight Friday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Man arrested for carving gashes in parents' front door and threatening to kill them | Kirkland Police Blotter
The blotter feature is both a description of a small selection of police incidents and a statistical round-up of all calls to the Kirkland Police Department that are dispatched to on-duty police officers. The Kirkland Reporter Police Blotter is not intended to be representative of all police calls originating in Kirkland, which average about 1,000 per week.
Between Nov. 16-25 the Kirkland Police Department reported 772 traffic violations (20 DUIs), four school zone traffic violations, 39 alarm calls, 13 noise complaints, 15 calls of disturbance, 20 thefts, seven car prowls, three vehicular thefts, 37 acts of traffic abandonment, three animal calls, 11 calls of civil disturbance, 13 reported burglaries, 14 domestic violence calls, two calls for harassment, three reports of illegal drugs, six alleged assaults, six acts of fraud, 10 malicious mischief reports, 12 calls for emotional distress and four reported suicides. At least 58 people were arrested.
Assault: 1:40 a.m., 11718 97th Ln. N.E. A 22-year-old man allegedly assaulted a 19-year-old man after the victim witnessed the suspect speaking to three 18-year-old women, said to be friends of the victim. After the suspect inflicted facial bruising and a small cut to the victim’s left ear, he fled on foot with a friend but was located several blocks away. He was booked into Kirkland jail shortly after.
Minor in possession: 12:47 a.m., 13200 132nd Ave. N.E. Three 17-year-olds were arrested for possession and consumption of alcohol and tobacco with obstruction to a police officer. Police found the boys after checking the area for sounds of broken glass.
Disorderly conduct: 1:49 a.m., 100 block of Main St. A 23-year-old man was arrested for fighting in public with a 24-year-old woman.
Assault: 9:05 a.m., 10200 N.E. 132nd St. An 18-year-old man was arrested after he assaulted his 55-year-old teacher with a trash can. The address indicates the assault was at Fairfax Hospital.
Malicious Mischief: 8:38 a.m., 12931 N.E. 101st Pl. A 19-year-old man was arrested for felony harassment after carving gashes in his parents’ front door with threats to kill them. Two police officers found the suspect and took him into custody after an unsuccessful taser deployment due to thick clothing. Police reports say the suspect was very volatile.
Obstruction: 4:53 p.m., 1526 3rd Pl. A 23-year-old man was arrested for obstruction and resisting arrest after he refused to leave his mother’s home.
Domestic violence: 11 a.m., 12239 N.E. 130th Way. A 24-year-old woman was taken into custody after assaulting a 27-year-old man. The woman allegedly grabbed the victim’s shirt, attempting to strike him in his face. She then kicked him multiple times in his crotch. Others involved include a 57-year-old woman, a 48-year-old woman and a 5-year-old girl.