- Hood Canal crash update: Debris believed to be from small plane
- Public Health closes Federal Way food establishment
- Karasek pleads not guilty to shooting and killing father
- Search continues for possible crashed airplane in Hood Canal | Update
- Hundreds rally for Seahawks at The Landing | SLIDESHOW
- Police searching for 'person of interest' after Saturday home invasion and attac...
- Ex-treasurer pleads not guilty to stealing Kent Little League funds
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Woman killed when car drives into Farmer's Insurance office on Logan Avenue
A woman inside the Farmers Insurance office at Logan Avenue and Tobin Avenue near Renton Memorial Stadium was killed Wednesday morning when a car drove into the building.
Information about the woman was not immediately available.
The driver of the car, an 80-year-old woman, was not seriously injured. The woman turned from Airport Way onto Logan Avenue and was parking to patronize a nearby business.
The accident was reported at about 10:50 a.m. Wednesday.
The driver had to be removed from the car, which had trapped the woman inside the building. CPR was performed at the scene.
There was a large police presence directing traffic. Logan Avenue was closed and Metro Transit was alerted to the road closures in the area.
No decision on will be made as to whether or not charges will be filed until the investigation is complete.
The Renton Reporter will have more details as they become available.