- Kent-Meridian High student dies from injuries suffered falling off car's hood
- Kangs open new softball field on Lake Washington High School campus
- Burglars hit St. Vincent de Paul store
- Tammy Campbell selected as superintendent of Federal Way Public Schools | Update
- Federal Way bomb squad determines package found outside school nonexplosive | U...
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Funding plan for King County animal shelters
The proposal by King County Executive Ron Sims for $965,000 in additional funds in 2008 for Animal Care and Control includes:
New portable dog runs: $200,000.
Expanded spay neuter services at shelters, one veterinarian, one veterinary technician: $125,000.
Improved care at shelters, one full-time officer, two temporary: $125,000.
Develop facilities master plan: $100,000.
Independent consultant to oversee improvements: $85,000.
New cat cages: $65,000.
Expanded spay-neuter services in community: $45,000.
Communications outreach, one full-time staff person: $45,000.
Animal-placement specialist: $45,000.
Animal volunteer coordinator: $40,000.
Eastside medical support, one veterinarian, one veterinary technician: $40,000.
Replace truck-transport boxes: $30,000.
Animal flow plan: $10,000.
Enhanced medical program: $10,000.