- Cold weather shelters open throughout King County
- Kent severe weather shelter open through Sunday evening
- Search for wanted felon in Renton
- Kentridge senior ranks at top of the world in calculus
- Renton severe weather shelter to be open through the weekend and early next week
- Aerospace Training Center gets full funding from legislature
- Freezing temperatures, wind in forecast for Plateau
- Chinook Pass closed for the season
- About Us
Connect with Us
Home fire in Silverdale caused by propane wok | Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue
Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue received a call in reference to a residential structure fire in the 1400 block of NW Derryfield Drive Sunday, Oct. 21.
The house was evacuated and upon arrival firefighters observed heavy smoke and some flames coming from the left side of the structure. The fire was in a small exterior carport area. It was quickly extinguished and firefighters checked to make sure the fire had not extended into the wall or the interior of the home.
The homeowner states he was in the carport area cooking with a large propane wok when he walked away for a few minutes. When he returned he saw the fire, called 911 and got everyone out of the residence.
Please remember that when you're cooking, whether it's inside or outside, you should never leave it unattended. As today's incident demonstrates - it only take a matter of minutes for a fire to start.
Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue was assisted by Navy Federal Fire and the County Fire Marshal