- Ready for anything: Former Snoqualmie mayor Fuzzy Fletcher goes into the disast...
- Alpine Lake expansion takes strong step toward reality
- Three suspended license arrests | Buckley Police
- Auburn traffic advisory: 8th Street NE/Lea Hill Road at 104th Avenue SE
- Police arrest Federal Way suspect in connection with five bank robberies
- About Us
Connect with Us
Authorities seek help in locating missing 87-year-old woman
Local authorities are asking for help in locating an 87-year-old woman who wandered away from an assisted living facility in Friday Harbor sometime Tuesday night and whose whereabouts remain unknown as of Wednesday morning.
San Juan County Sheriff's office was notified early Wednesday that Bonita "Bonnie" Blaisdell, a longtime island resident, remains missing. Blaisdell, who was dressed in all blue, possibly fleece, when last seen, suffers from dementia. She reportedly relies on a walker to enable her to walk, according to the sheriff's department.
Blaisdell is described as 4-foot 11-inches tall, 110 pounds, with gray hair and hazel eyes. Employees of a Friday Harbor business reported seeing someone who possibly matched Blaisdell description walking toward town, on Spring Street, at about 6 a.m.
Sheriff's deputies, San Juan EMS and local firefighters have searched throughout Friday Harbor for the missing woman without success.
Anyone with information regarding Blaisdell is asked to call the sheriff's department, 378-4151.