- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Four Juanita High School students arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting ano...
- National Weather Services releases wind advisory for Enumclaw
- Curvee Awards gala gets under way at 7 p.m. tonight
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- Burglary at a Pioneer Street residence | Enumclaw Police
- I-5 in Seattle to close near Boeing Field overnight Friday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
One dead, six wounded after gun fight at Federal Way bar
Update from the King County Prosecutor's Office: A 21-year-old man arrested on investigation of homicide for Wednesday’s shooting outside a bar in Federal Way will remain in custody pending the filing of charges. The suspect will remain in jail on a no-bail Department of Corrections community placement hold. A charging decision was anticipated today, but will be made at a later date. The investigation into Wednesday’s shooting continues.
A shooting at a local bar has left one person dead and six others wounded.
According to the Federal Way Police Department, at approximately 2 a.m. June 27, chaos erupted at Johnny's Bar and Grill, 2318 SW 336th St., when at least one man started firing shots at another man.
When officers arrived, they found five people who had been shot, with one deceased in the parking lot, said FWPD Deputy Chief Andy Hwang. "The four others, three males and one female, all in their 20s or 30s, are expected to survive," he said. "The woman had the most serious injuries."
The suspect, a 21-year-old male, had fled the scene. He and another individual showed up at Renton Valley Medical Center seeking treatment for wounds. The suspect was arrested and booked into King County Jail for investigation of homicide. A probable cause hearing was held Thursday, and the court made a probable cause finding for the crimes of murder second degree and assault first degree. Deadline for filing charges is June 29.
Police are still trying to get a clear picture of the events.
"The victim did have a firearm," Hwang said. "It's not really clear…if the victim exchanged gunfire."
Media reports have identified the deceased man as Cloise Young, 23, of Kent. Three of the gunshot victims went to Harborview Medical Center, one to Tacoma General Hospital and one to Valley Medical Center.
At mid-morning Wednesday, media, police and more than a dozen bystanders converged at the crime scene. Police investigators marked evidence in front of stores a few doors down from the bar, which is located in a strip mall at 21st Avenue SW and SW 336th Street.
The cause of the shooting is still unknown at this time, but Federal Way police say it is not random. Police are investigating whether this altercation is gang-related.
"This is a developing investigation, we only have the most preliminary of information. We don't know if it's gang-related or not. This is a significant incident where seven people were shot, and we are going to conduct a very thorough investigation," Hwang said.
More photos from the scene: