- Preparing for the worst: Valley Medical Center staff preps for possibility of Eb...
- Mount Si girls soccer goes into playoff for chance at championship
- Renton, Bothell youth football teams banned from playoffs after parents fight in...
- Two dead, four critically wounded in Marysville high school shooting
- LWSD superintendent releases statement following Marysville-Pilchuck shooting
- Final weekend for the 'Cedar River Salmon Journey'
- Shirtless customer makes off with tip jar | Lonely dog spurs argument between ne...
- Rock blasting-related closures finished for the year on Snoqualmie Pass
- Shooting cancels Marysville-Pilchuck game against Oak Harbor
- It's Homecoming Weekend for the Lindbergh Eagles
- Bothell parents charged with assault in fight at junior football game
- Burglary at a Pioneer Street residence | Enumclaw Police
- I-5 in Seattle to close near Boeing Field overnight Friday
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Body found in bunker near North Bend believed that of murder suspect
A King County Sheriff’s Office tactical team found a body believed to be that of North Bend murder suspect Peter Keller in a bunker in the woods near North Bend Washington at about 10 a.m. Saturday.
The SWAT team used an explosive to breach the roof of the heavily fortified hideout which allowed enough access for the deputies to enter the bunker, according to a Sheriff’s Office press release.
Once inside the bunker, deputies discovered a body which they said appeared to be Keller, and it appeared as though he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to the release.
The Sheriff’s Office will use its Bomb Disposal Unit to clear the bunker to ensure there are no explosive or booby traps. Once the bunker has been cleared, detectives will enter the bunker and conduct a crime scene investigation.
The King County Medical Examiner’s will conduct an investigation to determine actual cause of death and positively identify the body.