- Kent-Meridian High student dies from injuries suffered falling off car's hood
- Kangs open new softball field on Lake Washington High School campus
- Burglars hit St. Vincent de Paul store
- Tammy Campbell selected as superintendent of Federal Way Public Schools | Update
- Federal Way bomb squad determines package found outside school nonexplosive | U...
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Body found in bunker near North Bend believed that of murder suspect
A King County Sheriff’s Office tactical team found a body believed to be that of North Bend murder suspect Peter Keller in a bunker in the woods near North Bend Washington at about 10 a.m. Saturday.
The SWAT team used an explosive to breach the roof of the heavily fortified hideout which allowed enough access for the deputies to enter the bunker, according to a Sheriff’s Office press release.
Once inside the bunker, deputies discovered a body which they said appeared to be Keller, and it appeared as though he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to the release.
The Sheriff’s Office will use its Bomb Disposal Unit to clear the bunker to ensure there are no explosive or booby traps. Once the bunker has been cleared, detectives will enter the bunker and conduct a crime scene investigation.
The King County Medical Examiner’s will conduct an investigation to determine actual cause of death and positively identify the body.