- Ready for anything: Former Snoqualmie mayor Fuzzy Fletcher goes into the disast...
- Alpine Lake expansion takes strong step toward reality
- Three suspended license arrests | Buckley Police
- Auburn traffic advisory: 8th Street NE/Lea Hill Road at 104th Avenue SE
- Police arrest Federal Way suspect in connection with five bank robberies
- About Us
Connect with Us
Kirkland American Little League parade, opening day celebration cancelled due to weather
The annual Kirkland American Little League parade and opening day celebration scheduled for Saturday, March 17 has been cancelled due to inclement weather.
In past years the parade has drawn hundreds of spectators and participants to downtown Kirkland for the parade, and to Lee Johnson Field for the opening day celebration and first pitch of the season. This year marks KALL’s 61st season.
John Rudolph, KALL president, notified parents and players about the cancellation via email.
“While this is only the second such cancellation in very recent years, it’s one that needs to be made to protect our fields, players, volunteers and family members,” said Rudolph in his email.
He asked the community to check KALL’s website over the next few weeks as KALL plans to replace the parade for the kids with a Player & Fan Appreciation Day in April or May.
For more information, visit www.KirklandAmerican.com