- City of Kent chooses Hexcel as Green Business of the Year
- Reichert issues statement on budget passage
- Groundbreaking work on YarrowBay's The Villages development begins | Black Diamo...
- Kent City Council approves police hires; money for turf at Wilson Playfields
- The Landing developers preparing to sell
- Growing need at area food banks put strain on supplies
- Kent Police seek public's help to identify home invasion suspect
- About Us
Connect with Us
Kirkland American Little League parade, opening day celebration cancelled due to weather
The annual Kirkland American Little League parade and opening day celebration scheduled for Saturday, March 17 has been cancelled due to inclement weather.
In past years the parade has drawn hundreds of spectators and participants to downtown Kirkland for the parade, and to Lee Johnson Field for the opening day celebration and first pitch of the season. This year marks KALL’s 61st season.
John Rudolph, KALL president, notified parents and players about the cancellation via email.
“While this is only the second such cancellation in very recent years, it’s one that needs to be made to protect our fields, players, volunteers and family members,” said Rudolph in his email.
He asked the community to check KALL’s website over the next few weeks as KALL plans to replace the parade for the kids with a Player & Fan Appreciation Day in April or May.
For more information, visit www.KirklandAmerican.com