- Fire chief’s complaint prompts board to reprimand commissioner following investi...
- Healthy interest in Snoqualmie's new hospital: Board interviews seven would-be c...
- Sea-Tac man sentenced to a year in prison for operating 'crime-infested' Tukwila...
- Hwang named new Federal Way police chief
- King County closes Flood Warning Center as rivers drop following heavy rain
- Keiser, Orwall, Gregerson schedule telephone town hall for March 19
- About Us
Connect with Us
FW Symphony presents concert for tots; swing band
The Federal Way Symphony presents the following live entertainment in the coming weeks.
• Tots Concert Series: Identical twin composers Lisa Grace Allison and Linda Sebenius present toddler-friendly versions of classic masterworks and engaging originals. "Hi-Lo Big Top Circus" features the melodies of Haydn, Mozart and Beethoven and played by a flute, violin, and tuba. Show is 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 26, at St. Luke's Church, 515 S. 312th St. The show is designed for children up to 8 years old. Tickets are $7 per person for all ages. Contact (253) 529-9857 or visit federalwaysymphony.org.
• A Decade of Swing: This concert is sponsored by KUOW 94.9 FM and will feature the co-leaders of Federal Way Symphony's Swing Band on their own instruments, as well as the talents of many of the group's fine musicians. Todd Zimberg is featured on drums with Lonnie Mardis on guitar. Show is 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 27. Tickets are $31 with discounts for seniors, groups and military. Students ages 18 and younger admitted free. Contact (253) 529-9857 or visit federalwaysymphony.org.
• Mostly Modern: This concert features works composed in the 20th century. Check out Leon Christian on guitar along with works such as Villa-Lobos Bachianas Brasileiras Nos. 2 and 5; Ibert Homage a Mozart; Rodrigo Concerto for Guitar. Show is 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 10. Tickets are $31 with discounts for seniors, groups and military. Students ages 18 and younger admitted free. Contact (253) 529-9857 or visit federalwaysymphony.org.