- Black Diamond City Council plans to appoint mayor at Monday special meeting
- With temperature set to drop, city will open Cold Weather Shelter this weekend
- Search called off after police determine no child was involved in Cedar River in...
- North Bend Council takes no property tax hike for 2015
- Chevron employee removed from under SUV | Taken to Harborview in serious conditi...
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Chamber executive director resigns
Christine Daniel resigned her position as executive director of the Port Orchard Chamber of Commerce, according to a July 29 statement by Lance Fong, Chamber president.
“The Port Orchard Chamber of Commerce has accepted the resignation of Christine Daniel as our executive director,” stated Fong. “We are grateful for the many valuable contributions that she has made during the past year and we wish her well in all of her future endeavors.”
Fong said the Chamber board will begin its search for a replacement executive director immediately.
According to unnamed sources, Daniel reported that she resigned because of health reasons last week.
Daniel did not respond to an email request by the Independent.
Daniel officially took over the position on June 19, 2013, from Coreen Haydock who resigned to go work in the public sector.
Before joining the Chamber, Daniel worked 13 years for both profit and nonprofit organizations in Kitsap and Mason counties.
Daniel was raised in Kitsap County and graduated from Olympic College. She earned her bachelor’s degree in education and natural resources management at Sheldon Jackson College in Sitka.