- 'No' votes lead 'yes' votes in Redmond proposition early results
- Elections night primary results for Bothell City Council
- Pierce County primary election results | Carbonado, Charter Review, Port
- Severns, Campbell moving ahead to general election
- Covington Water District primary election results
- Kent-area Primary election results chart
- Budell, Bhullar lead Kent City Council race | Primary Election
- Smith leads in Primary Election for Bainbridge Island School Board
- Former Algona Police Lt. Lee Gaskill charged with first-degree theft and abuse o...
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Chamber executive director resigns
Christine Daniel resigned her position as executive director of the Port Orchard Chamber of Commerce, according to a July 29 statement by Lance Fong, Chamber president.
“The Port Orchard Chamber of Commerce has accepted the resignation of Christine Daniel as our executive director,” stated Fong. “We are grateful for the many valuable contributions that she has made during the past year and we wish her well in all of her future endeavors.”
Fong said the Chamber board will begin its search for a replacement executive director immediately.
According to unnamed sources, Daniel reported that she resigned because of health reasons last week.
Daniel did not respond to an email request by the Independent.
Daniel officially took over the position on June 19, 2013, from Coreen Haydock who resigned to go work in the public sector.
Before joining the Chamber, Daniel worked 13 years for both profit and nonprofit organizations in Kitsap and Mason counties.
Daniel was raised in Kitsap County and graduated from Olympic College. She earned her bachelor’s degree in education and natural resources management at Sheldon Jackson College in Sitka.