- White River girls win close game at state | Girls State Basketball Tournament
- White River boys lose to Mark Morris | Boys State Basketball Tournament
- She's after him with a hatchet; Bear scare is actually raccoon | Snoqualmie Vall...
- Inglemoor to play for fourth in state tomorrow morning | Prep girls basketball
- 2014 Northwest Region Sport Stacking Championships at Auburn High School Saturda...
- City gets new tools to deal with nusiance properties
- PSE's plan to 'Energize Eastside' looking at two posible routes through Renton
- About Us
Connect with Us
Federal Way man puts new spin on panel saw
Federal Way resident Paul Stone claims his custom-built panel saw has the potential to save woodworkers time and money — and revamp the panel saw industry.
Stone's vertical panel saw was ideal for his recent home-improvement project of building new kitchen cabinets. Stone's saw stands apart from conventional panel saws, he said, because the saw component can be switched with the router component in seconds. Typically, this switch can take up to an hour, he said.
Stone is selling panel saw kits through his website at panelsawsrus.com. The kit comes with rails, pulley system and end plate. It is ideal for the "weekend warrior" as well as cabinet shops, he said. The cost is typically $379, with a special of $299 through the end of March. So far, Stone has sold one panel saw.
For his day job, Stone is an equipment engineer at Boeing. He has a provisional patent on his panel saw and developed the first prototype about two years ago.
To learn more, email email@example.com or visit panelsawsrus.com.