- Update | Black Diamond Mayor Dave Gordon resigns | Gordon statement
- East Pierce Fire and Rescue working on potential flood areas
- Flooding causes employees, visitors evacuation Mount Rainier Park, Nisqually en...
- National Weather Service releases flood warning for King and Pierce counties
- Chinook and Cayuse passes closed for the winter | WSDOT
- REACH center to get $5,000 from county budget
- DUI emphasis begins Nov. 26 | Washington Traffic Safety Commission
- Snoqualmie River hitting flood stage today, Floodzilla warns
- Former Puyallup superintendent Apostle to serve as Kent schools interim leader
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Helpful Hints Wedding Planning wins UW-Bothell Business Plan Competition
The Business Development Center at the University of Washington, Bothell awarded more than $20,000 at the final round of its inaugural Business Plan Competition on May 6.
The first prize went to Helpful Hints Wedding Planning, a business concept developed by UW-Bothell undergraduates Angelica Lizak and Kelsey Allen of Everett, Shalee Clark of Lynnwood and Steven Fountain of Woodinville.
Helpful Hints Wedding Planning is a start-up company that will provide couples with an array of online planning packages. The packages, which are tailored to a variety of budgets, include one-on-one consulting, event checklists and discounts with preferred local vendors.
The team received an $18,000 cash prize, as well as a scholarship to the Founder Institute, a global network of startups and mentors that helps entrepreneurs launch meaningful and enduring technology companies.
The competition included preliminary, semifinal and final rounds. Student teams used the preliminary rounds to gather feedback from business mentors and to refine and polish their presentations. In the final event, teams presented their plans in a live setting before of a panel of judges.
The competition is designed to enhance entrepreneurship and business development in the Puget Sound region.