- Farm Forum draws 200 people to boost agriculture business
- Mother and young daughter found dead near Bonney Lake | Apparent murder-suicide
- Medication for mission burglarized from Tanya and Nelson Amador | Maple Valley C...
- Kentwood boys make state eight after beating Camas | 4A State Basketball Tournam...
- At least they take someone’s advice | Living with Gleigh
- Sumner girls end season losing to West Seattle | Regional Basketball Playoffs
- About Us
- Legal Notices
Connect with Us
Helpful Hints Wedding Planning wins UW-Bothell Business Plan Competition
The Business Development Center at the University of Washington, Bothell awarded more than $20,000 at the final round of its inaugural Business Plan Competition on May 6.
The first prize went to Helpful Hints Wedding Planning, a business concept developed by UW-Bothell undergraduates Angelica Lizak and Kelsey Allen of Everett, Shalee Clark of Lynnwood and Steven Fountain of Woodinville.
Helpful Hints Wedding Planning is a start-up company that will provide couples with an array of online planning packages. The packages, which are tailored to a variety of budgets, include one-on-one consulting, event checklists and discounts with preferred local vendors.
The team received an $18,000 cash prize, as well as a scholarship to the Founder Institute, a global network of startups and mentors that helps entrepreneurs launch meaningful and enduring technology companies.
The competition included preliminary, semifinal and final rounds. Student teams used the preliminary rounds to gather feedback from business mentors and to refine and polish their presentations. In the final event, teams presented their plans in a live setting before of a panel of judges.
The competition is designed to enhance entrepreneurship and business development in the Puget Sound region.